Saturday, October 18, 2008

Just A Brown Paper Bag.... Giftables Class Packaging

Before....

brownpaperbag_before

It's always fun to surprise my stampers with a before and after project.  On the left, you see a plain brown paper gift bag, with heavy cotton corded handles.  A relatively small yet sturdy bag, I decided to use it to hold the tile coasters we made at the Gift Class on Saturday.  For some reason, when designing the class, many of the projects migrated to a black and white 'toile' theme.

So, what can I possibly do with a plain, brown, paper sack??  Well... I added packaging paper "tissue" ... you know the stuff you wrap your dishes in when placing them in moving boxes??   I stamped the packaging paper with the mitten from Scandinavian Season... and in keeping with the black and ecru toile theme, also added a basic black tree to the front of the bag, a few layers... and VOILA!  The finished 'package' is shown in the grouping below.

gifting_class_packaging

The bag in the top, center is our former 'brown paper bag'.. I removed the heavy corded handles, and used my crop-a-dile tool to punch additional holes along the top of the bag.  Real Red narrow grosgrain ribbon was woven in and out of the new (and old) punched holes and tied into a bow on the front of the bag.  I added a small fire crystal brad to the flower in the lower right corner of the Scandinavian tree to give it just a little "bling".

On the lower left is my finished exploding ornament box and tag, and next to it is my paperweight box with toile sleeve and tag.  At the very bottom, a small tin was decorated with Ski Slope Designer Paper and snowflakes... the tin houses a faux sea glass bracelet.  This was such a fun class, everyone had so much fun,  and went home with beautiful handmade gifts to share and give... and they're all wrapped up!!

Sharon

Pin It!

2 comments:

Lee said...

Love the Packaging.....especailly the little bag.

twiddlestix said...

That's a fun idea!