Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Faux Seersucker.. Season of Friendship

tree_felt_seersucker

Ok, this is NOT my favorite card... I don't do the 'distressed' look often... but this card seemed to call out for distressing.  The tree background was created with the faux seersucker technique  by stamping the image on Naturals White cardstock and then running it several times through my crimper, alternating vertical and horizontal each time I ran it through.  The crimper made the cardstock very,  very soft... it actually looks like a piece of fabric in person, and was a fun technique to do.

TIP:  Attach stamped ovals to the felt ribbon with brads, attach the felt to the card by running tape on the cardstock (NOT the felt).

Stamps:  Season of Friendship

Cardstock:  Sahara Sand, Pumpkin Pie, Naturals White, and Old Olive

Classic Inks:  Chocolate Chip, Old Olive

Accessories:  Alpine (felt) ribbon, vintage brads, hole punch, large and small oval punches, and sponge daubbers.

I've got to work on my Handmade Holiday Gifts Workshop... will have lots to share with you soon!

Sharon

Pin It!

No comments: