Saturday, October 25, 2008

By Request Stamp Camp Recipe Share.. Mexican Beef

Stamp camps aren't always just about stampin'... it's also an opportunity to try new recipes, chat with friends, and share projects and ideas.  At last weekend's stamp camp, I decided to adapt a new crockpot recipe which I'd seen earlier in our local newspaper The Times-Union.  I love spicy food... and although I was pleasantly surprised by the slight kick this beef had, I will definitely use regular diced tomatoes next time I serve it a camp... and possibly kick it up a notch for dinners at home(love spicy food!!).

Mexican Beef

Ingredients:

2 lbs extra lean beef, cut into 2" cubes

1 can (14.5 oz.) Rotelle mexican tomatoes (use regular diced tomatoes if you don't like any spiciness)

2 TBSP Chili Powder

1 TBSP Ground Cumin

1.5 tsp each:  onion powder, and garlic powder

Directions:

Place cubed beef in bottom of slow cooker (crockpot), sprinkle with spices, top with tomatoes and 1/2 cup water. 

Cover and cook on low 8-10 hours.

Shred beef with two forks and serve on taco shells, rolls, or rice.

And.. .how easy is that!!

Sharon

Pin It!

No comments: