Wednesday, September 17, 2008

A Quick Christmas Card.. ala Fresh Cuts

Love to think outside the box?  Try using your non-holiday stamps to make a special Christmas Card!  This card uses the Fresh Cuts stamp set, and was inspired by yet another swap I received at Convention!  Most of the cards swapped at convention are meant to be "easy to demo".. so here, I've added a few layers.  The main image uses the small vine image from the "Fresh Cuts" stamp set (#111634, set of 5, $21.95).  Many of you may already own this fabulous set as it was a featured special earlier this summer, paired with Fresh-Cut Notes and envelopes (#111882, 15 ea $8.95).  I've paired the Fresh Cuts stamp set with "Happy Everything" (#107375, set of 8 $17.95) and I'm loving freshcuts_holidaysthe clean and simple lines of this card!  All supplies are now available with online ordering too!!  Just click the icon in my sidebar to start shopping today!

Cardstock:  Kiwi Kiss, Whisper White, Riding Hood Red

Classic Inks: Kiwi Kiss, Riding Hood Red

Other:  Riding Hood Red Tafetta Ribbon, Mini Glue Dots

 

Sharon

Pin It!

2 comments:

Lee said...

I love this!!!!
Mind if I case this?

Jean Fitch said...

Hi Sharon,
I love the simplicity of this card - perfect for stamp a stack with an elegance all its own. Your design encouraged me to look through our catalog and looking with different eyes I found several sets that would make unusual Christmas cards. Even the Owl Together Now! Using the owl with the widespread wings in place of an angel then stamp the hoot-hoot-hooray! and letter in or use small letters to stamp Christ the Lord was Born This Day!!

And if you want to get even odder use the 3 other owls as the 3 wise men. - I can just see my mom smiling from Heaven on this one since she was an avid owl collector.

Simple Birthday Thanks could be a thank you to Jesus for inviting the whole world to share his birthday.

Bella's Border Wheel would give a Williamsburg Colonial feel as a frame around Christmas Invitations.

Happiness Is a Journey could be a Christmas train. A Light Unto my Path could have the beam catch Santa on a Sleigh. Elegant or silly the possibilities are endless. Thanks for getting me to put my mind in a different gear - Jean Fitch