Thursday, September 4, 2008

My Brown Eyed Girl, Quite the Big Shot

Last evening, I was frantically trying to come up with a quick and simple project or two for my Girls Card Club at Alden Road Exceptional Student Center. The projects need to be simple but attractive and easily reproduced. Suddenly, it dawned on me that the top notes die which came in my Big Shot starter kit looked just like an owl's head (when folded in half)... I quickly made my 'owl' and sent it out to my peers for suggestions. Well, they all loved the owl... and I did receive a few suggestions. Taking them all into consideration, I re-worked my owl this afternoon and added a few embellishments of my own too. The original owl will be posted later this week along with the simple and quick card the girls club constructed. I've got to say, this little brown eyed owlette is much cuter than the original one!

owl2_slf_sept08

Cardstock: Close to Cocoa, Sahara Sand, Whisper White, and Basic Black, and pumpkin pie

Stamps: Flower Fancy (small leaf outline, turned upside down made a fabulous feather when stamped with versamark)

Big Shot Dies: Top Note, Scallop #2

Ink: Classic Close to Cocoa, and Versamark

Other: SU! small cello bags, 1" circle punch, 1/2" circle punch, cropadile (3/8" punch for her beautiful brown eyes), 5 petal flower punch (nose), household stapler, glue dots, dimensional dots (to raise her eyelids), paper snips (to make her eyelashes), and sponge dauber.... OH, and of course Brachs caramel candy corn.. the ones with the brown tops!

Wow.. and you can order ALL these supplies from me! They are all stampin' up!... well, except for the brachs caramel candy corn!

Isn't my brown eyed owl a real cutie?

Note: edited to correct the name of the stamp set!! Sorry!

Sharon

Pin It!

2 comments:

StampingJoan said...

Sharon,
Saw this on yahoo groups but had to come and leave you a comment here. This Owl is adorable! I love it and will be CASING it for sure! I am planning on show casing the Big Shot at my next Club meeting and will have to try this! Too darn cute!

astrochell said...

Love this....it is so cute! Great job!