Thursday, August 21, 2008

Jacksonville, Florida and Fay

I've heard from a lot of people wishing us luck with the forthcoming storm aka hurricane aka tropical depression otherwise known as Fay.... and perhaps I'm just a well wisher with hope eternal... I thank all of you for your thoughts and prayers (they must be working!)...

IF you don't hear from me for an extended period, then Fay would have done her damage... while watching the news this evening, Jacksonville Electric Authority reported that the LONGEST customer outage over the past 10 years occurred in 2004 and it was 9 days!! I have close personal friends who were part of that outage... one of whom incurred a death in the family.. and we loaned them our generator... and helped where we could to make the storm and events more comfortable.

So.. again, just to let you know.... if you don't hear from me, it's because of Fay... I have a few posts logged into the system and don't expect the outages to be long... just over a week at most (per the statistics for our entire city and county)... and I hope my stampin' supplies stay dry!!  And... thanks for your prayers and concerns!

Sharon

Technorati Tags: ,,
Pin It!

1 comment:

judy anderson said...

You bring the danger close to home. Good luck.