Saturday, August 2, 2008

Good Morning from Utah! It was a Conspiracy!

Well, I'm here at the 20th anniversary Stampin' Up! convention, and I haven't had a moment to post much less sleep!!  This is a very busy place!

One of the greatest and most fabulous surprises I encountered while at convention occurred yesterday.. when Shelli Gardner called me up on stage.. (YEAH.. THE Shelli Gardner).  It appears that my upline and a few other demonstrators have been conspiring behind my back for the past few months...  to nominate me for "The Heart of Stampin' Up! Award".  I'm humbled, shocked, and still stunned, and speechless.  Of course I have to thank the people who nominated me.. what a surprise..and I'm speechless.  I'll have to tell you more about that later!

Convention has been a wonderful and exciting experience.  I've had an opportunity to meet so many wonderful and creative stampers face to face... my online friends from the Udderly Awesome Group, friends from the Starz Group, and many many more.  An added bonus, my son actually lives near Salt Lake City, and he's been in Nevada for a month, he was scheduled to return late last night.  I hope to have dinner with him this evening (IF I can carve out some time...)

There have been wonderful and exciting announcements from Stampin' Up! too.. new tools to make your stampin' projects more exciting yet simple to complete.  Additionally, I've had an opportunity to preview the new spanish language supplement to the Idea Book .. and all I can say is WOW!  It is so much fun.. I've got a few stampin' friends who are really going to be excited about this supplement. 

I will be coming home with lots of ideas and plenty of things to share... and a great need for sleep.  I apologize for not being online, it's 6:30 am here in Utah... and I'm on my way out the door already. 

Pin It!

3 comments:

Patty Bennett said...

Congratulations to a VERY deserving lady! It is such a huge honor and I am so happy for you !! It was amazing to meet you.. looking forward to many more years of emailing and blogging together! :) Patty

Susan B said...

Congratulations! I can't think of any one more deserving of this nomination than you. The world should have more people like you.

Lee said...

You so deserve this Honor! You've got quite a big Heart and don't even know it. I know this all comes naturally to you but not everyone....we should all take note of your giving ways.
Congratulations once again!
Lee Conrey