Sunday, August 10, 2008

Fun Sesame Street Card Share and Shelli's New Blog

It's always so much fun to see what other Stampin' Up! Demonstrators are creating! 

This card was shared with me by Victoria Freeman of Owosso, Michigan.  I grew up in Michigan and had never even heard of Owosso, but knew exactly where it was when she told me it was between Lansing and Flint (loooong, cooooold winters)!  Anyway, when I first saw Victoria's card, it immediately  brought a smile to my face... I'm sure you will recognize the fun Sesame Street characters she has created... all with punches!

Isn't this just adorable!!!  Oscar, Big, and Tully all lined up to wish the recipient a very Happy Birthday!!  What a fun card, and such excellent use of the Stampin' Up! Scallop punch!!  Big Bird's beak is made from an oval punch, scored in the middle... and the mouths of Tully and Oscar the Grouch are also cut from an oval punch.  Assorted circles and half circle punches complete the eyes/brows, etc. on each character.  Just LOVE this card.... Thanks, Victoria from Owosso Michigan, for letting me share it with all of you!

By now, you all know that I had an absolutely fabulous time at convention!  What a great way to share ideas, meet other demonstrators, and expand your business opportunities.  I will continue to share some of the wonderful things I got out of convention, as well as my own works in the forthcoming month.  In the mean time, I also wanted to share a new blog and challenge as announced by the owner of Stampin' Up!, Shelli Gardner.  Shelli's new blog So Shelli (click on So Shelli to go there) will be updated with ideas and fun stuff for you to create, family events, company announcements.  The site will also issue creative challenges to customers and demonstrators... anyone who wants to play along! 

Here is the first creative challenge  and post by Shelli on August 4th:

----------------------------------------------------------

The SoShelli.com Creative Challenge

Welcome to the SoShelli.com Creative Challenge.

I am often inspired by others' work, and I'm excited to "host" a creative challenge for you!

Because our convention theme this year was Celebrate 2008, my first Creative Challenge is to create a project with the word "Celebrate" in it. You can do a card, page, favor box, whatever! How's that for nice and simple?

After you've completed your project, scan it or take a picture. Upload the file to your blog or in an online gallery, and then come back here. Leave a comment on this entry with a link; be sure to link to a specific web page and not to your image file. (Please don't e-mail me your files; only projects submitted with links will be eligible.)

For this first deadline, you have until Sunday, August 31—that's almost a whole month. I might decide to do Creative Challenges more often, but for now once a month sounds perfect! After the deadline, I'll post the winning creations, along with a new Creative Challenge.

I look forward to seeing your amazing work!

------------------------------------------------------------------------

So.. play along with us, have fun stamping, and expand your creativity.... It's going to be a really fun year!

Sharon

Pin It!

1 comment:

Yvonne Metz said...

Hey Lady! LOVE this CARD! WAY Cute! I don't know about you but I'm still on OVERLOAD! LOL! It was great to have MET you!

Yvonne