Friday, June 20, 2008

Playing with Pink.. a couple fun cards

I recently used the darling Stampin' Up!
Pun Fun stamp set in one of my workshops.. and now just can't seem to put it down! The set of 8 stamps includes playful images and punny phrases to match. This colorful card is done in Pretty in Pink, Close to Cocoa, and Very Vanilla Card Stock. I thought the Baroque background stamp gave the punny card a bit more class, and I'm going to have to use that background a bit more.. it really looks nice as a background (AND it's not retiring either :-)


This next card I call my "thoroeau" card,
well... because of the quote. This card began as another 'background exploration' but ended up being a revisit to my old stompin' grounds favorite cardstock, Blush Blossom. I haven't used blush blossom for quite a while, so it was fun to pull it out of my cardstock stash and create this card.

In the sample, I've stamped the Blush Blossom Cardstock with Close to Cocoa and En Francais. Using a stipple brush, I added Cameo Coral randomnly to the stamped background, as well as the vanilla center panel. The floral image from the "Live Your Dream" stamp set was colored with Cameo Coral and Close to Cocoa Stampin' Write markers... and the quote was stamped in classic chocolate chip ink. I've added a couple antique copper brads to the center panel, and also inked the edges of the blush and vanilla cardstocks with Close to Cocoa Classic Ink. I love the 5/8" chocolate chip grosgrain ribbon which I've added across the center of the card... hope SU comes out with more colors in the next catalog, don't you!
Pin It!

No comments: