Thursday, June 19, 2008

I've been trying to play with colors a little 'out of the box' from my comfort zone. In addition, I've been trying my hand at background layering too. This card uses the tiny floral image and 'thanks' from the Stampin' up! "Carte Postale" Stamp Set which, much to my surprise, landed on the "retired list"! It's always sad to see such a fun set retire, but I'm looking forward to all the new and exciting stamps which Stampin' Up! will be releasing in August too.

So, you may ask... what is out of the box? That would be the More Mustard Cardstock and Ink, which for some reason I rarely use! I had to smile when another demo friend asked me what paper was used for the background.. in person, it does look just like a designer paper sample.

Stamps: Friend by Definition, Sanded, and Carte Postale
Cardstock: Very Vanilla, More Mustard, Always Artichoke

Classic Inks: More Mustard, Always Artichoke

Other: Antique Copper Hodgepodge Hardware, Old Olive 1/4" grosgrain ribbon, Distressing tool, Old Olive and More Mustard Stampin' Write Markers.

Don't forget... Carte Postale is only available thru August 10th!











Pin It!

No comments: