Monday, June 2, 2008

Fun in the Sun and Pun Fun Too!


My hostess this week requested a 'beachy card'... I thought of using 'seaside' and embossing the beautiful shells... but then remembered that I happen to have this cute little set "Life's A Breeze" (#111175), a set of 13 stamps for $29.95. I think this set would make a wonderful summer scrapbook page too.. If I get time, I'll work on that... I've been quite busy, so we'll see! I think the bright colors nicely compliment everything going on in this set.. (pumpkin pie, summer sun, whisper white and tempting turquoise). Versamark was used to add 'bubbles' below the pumpkin striped ribbon, and then the little fishies were stamped in brilliant blue. The picture doesn't really show it too well, but clear microbeads (#104266) were added over the markered sahara sand 'sand' beneath the images as well as in the bucket. They really do sparkle on the card. The tombow multi adhesive holds the beads securely to the card too. I hope they like it!



Bright colors.. they remind me of summer! When our children were small, I would dress them in neon green or bright orange t-shirts when we traveled to parks, museums, beach, or fairs.. It made them much more visible in crowded public places.. and I could spot them in a minute! They loved wearing the bright colors too, and knew that it meant we were off to someplace fun! This card uses the "Pun Fun" set of 8 stamps for $30.95. The 'skunk' image actually came with the words "I stink you're cute" which I cut away from the image and mounted seperately on the end of the wooden block. Now I can use the images with or without the words.. no masking involved! Cardstock used in this sample: Regal Rose, Whisper White, and Gable Green. The elegant "Birthday Wishes" was stamped in regal rose classic ink, and comes from the set "Elegant Cheer" set of 6 greetings for $17.95. The skunk was colored using our "pure color pencils", gamasol, and a blending stump... my new favorite technique! Can't wait to send it to someone special!
Pin It!

No comments: