Tuesday, April 1, 2008

More Bleach Stamping Experimentation

My bleach technique card was the result of trial and error... I love my finished card (posted earlier), but there was a lot of trial and error preceeding that finished card. I just couldn't decide what cardstock to use. I tried lavender lace cardstock first.. and actually burned my sample too! I colored my first sample with re-inkers and was disappointed in my finished result (as well as the burn mark). THAT sample went into the trash...

SO, I then decided to try a different stamp set, something with a smaller image. I was secretly hoping that my coloring attemps would get better because there was less to color. After going thru ALL my stamps, I finally settled upon "With Gratitude". I thought the leafy images might just be perfect for this technique. Boy did I get a pleasant surprise! I first tried it on Night of Navy cardstock with Mellow Moss Craft Ink embossing. I was somewhat pleased with the result... but not entirely, and I noticed that different cardstocks react quite differently to the bleach. (My lavendar lace sample actually turned blue!)

Pulling out various scraps from my cardstock scrap box, I decided to emboss the leaves in mellow moss craft ink on an assortment of fall colored cardstocks. I was pleasantly surprised at the results too!

Here are some samples of the leaves:


First Row: Cranberry Crisp (retired), Pumpkin Pie, Creamy Caramel


Second Row: Close to Cocoa, Wild Wasabi, Bravo Burgundy


I really liked the green and yellow images on the close to cocoa sample, it was the first one I did. I had no idea that the cardstock when bleached, would turn such a pretty shade of yellow. The Bravo Burgundy and Cranberry Crisp samples were also quite stunning, with color variations.. yes that's pink on the cranberry crisp sample! No Watercolor Crayons at all!


I think these leaves may become a beautiful fall border on a scrapbook page in the near future. Wouldn't that be fun?


Pin It!

No comments: