Saturday, March 29, 2008

Gary A Go-Go More Scrappin' Pages

Our son was a very busy young man.... until he became a teenager! This little tike required so little sleep, something his parents yearned for dearly! I thought it would be fun to capture some of his early antics in a two page spread, which I've appropriately named "Gary-A-Go-Go"... because that's what Gary did... kind of like the energizer bunny, and non stop. The photos are at the bottom of the post.

This layout will be taught at one of my upcoming classes and is designed to accomodate the pictures many of us have taken many years ago... you know, the ones that aren't necessarily perfect closeups. I often hear from new scrappers that they don't have those 5x7 perfect close ups of their family members and therefore don't know how to incorporate the gazillions of small photos into their scrap pages. Think about it.. when you 0pen up a magazine like Creating Keepsakes or Scrapbook Trends, many of the layouts feature one or two large photos.

On the first page of the layout, one might have placed a 5x7 or large photo. Here, I've used that space for 3 related photos of our son. I could have easily used 4 photos as well. Grouping the three photos together gives them more stature on the page... but still tells a story of a very busy little boy!
On the second page, I might have grouped 3 5x5 photos.. or 4x4's.. or even a mix with 4x4's in one of the quadrants and perhaps 4 2x2's or 3x3's in two quadrants, reserving the fourth for journalling. Clear as mud?? Scroll down past the photos for diagrams which will show you what I mean!
After taking pictures of my family members for many years with a not so good camera, I learned a few tips to make my photos better... ie. if you subject is lower to the ground, lower yourself to take the picture, staging the background is a good thing, and zoom! In the mean time, I will find better ways to incorporate all my treasured not-so-good photos into layouts which my family will treasure for years to come.

These pages feature the Stampin' Up! Western Sky Designer Paper Series, coordinated perfectly with Whisper White, Soft Sky, and Not Quite Navy Cardstock. I've added a few Soft Subtle Buttons.. yes, they appear crooked in the pictures because they had not been glued down yet. Once I glue them down with my new Tombow Multi Purpose Adhesive.. they'll be forever fixed in place!









Pin It!

No comments: