Monday, March 10, 2008

Baby Scrapbook Pages for Tuesday Class

Scrapbooking can be so much fun! If you haven't learned how, taking a class is an excellent way to begin. One question I'm often asked is what do I buy first?? Boy oh boy, is this a loaded question! New scrapbookers are so easily enticed by the bountiful bells and whistles, colors and textures, tools and treasures. My answer: begin with the basics, start slowly!

It may seem an odd response for me to give a prospective customer.. since I sell scrapbooking supplies... But, I firmly believe that it should be stated.. START SLOW!!

Beginning scrapbookers have basic needs, and a lot of wants. NEEDS include a good 12" paper cutter/trimmer (I often reccomend the Fiskars paper trimmer with a metal plate which makes measurements so much more visible). Other needs: cardstock, paper - preferably color coordinated and in colors YOU are drawn to, sharp paper scissors (My favorite: cutterbees with a teflon blade), and of course, adhesive. Just about everything else falls in the 'want' category.. and can often wait until you have discovered your scrapbooking style... believe me, you will accumulate A LOT very quickly in spite of controlling your spending whims.

So.. this brings me to the beginning pages which I teach on Tuesday.. very simple in design.. the coordinating pages both feature title, balance, a place for a variety of photo sizes.. and embellishments. I've kept the embellishments very simple.. ribbon, punches, and stamps. The color palate and subject matter were both chosen based on a student's request.. blues and greens and baby. Scroll down for pictures..

Recipe:
Certainly Celery DP
Whisper White, Certainly Celery, and Bashful Blue Cardstock
Stamps: Just B, and Kindness
Ink: Bashful Blue Classic Ink, and Versamark
Punches: Scallop, 1 1/4" square, 3/4" and 1" circle punches
Misc: buttons, ribbon.
Pin It!

No comments: