Friday, February 1, 2008

A touch of Nature.. and toile!

Don't you just love the look of toile? I've used toile in quilts, handbag construction, and home decor. The simple and elegant style lends itself well to card crafting too! Here are two cards I made this past weekend with the look of toile!

The first card was stamped with River Rock Ink on Very Vanilla cardstock. Both River Rock and Always Artichoke cardstock compliment the soft look. I used an aqua painter to add a touch more color to the bird, picking up the river rock color from the lid of my ink pad. The Double Stitched River Rock ribbon adds a simple and elegant touch. Perhaps next time, I'll opt for the more classic tafetta ribbon... hmmmm.








The second card uses the same stamp set.. but this time I was hoping for a classic black and white toile look. Imagine my surprise when I went to my cupboard and discovered that I'm OUT of real red 5/8" grosgrain ribbon!! I wanted to use just a touch of real red cardstock between the black and white layers... but didn't have ribbon to match. Opting for Bravo Burgundy and the matching ribbon, the result is found below.. I'm going to have to order that ribbon!
Pin It!

No comments: