Thursday, February 7, 2008

This was a day to CASE!

Somedays, your brain just won't engage.. that's what happened to me today. After cutting up and wasting many sheets of paper, I decided to case a couple projects from very talented stampin' artists! (I just know tomorrow will be a better day!)
So my first 'case' is from the talented Amy Celona, who designed this project based upon one she received at a stampin' up! event. On her original project, she stamped the elephant on designer paper, and added a flower/brad combination to close the little card. Here, I've used her basic instructions and design but added watercolor wonder crayons, dazzling diamonds, and the punched out flower center to close my card.
Recipe:
Stamps: Happy Heart Day
Cardstock: whisper White, Regal Rose
Accessories: ticket corner punch, rectangle punch, 2 way glue pen, dazzling diamonds, watercolor wonder crayons, and stampin' write markers
OK this next one is shamelessly cased.. It was so stunning, that I couldn't even find anything to change, so I replicated it exactly (not something I do very often either!). Sharon Johnson (her blog is called "no time to stamp") created two adorable little pencil cases for valentines day.. and since pink and green happens to be one of my very favorite combinations.. I couldn't resist! Isn't it the cutest little gift? Thank you Sharon!
Well these two are just partially cased.. they're more based on the inspirational work of Susan B. and Lee C. I posted Susan's 6x6 swap page on my blog a couple months ago, it was barely banana, chocolate chip, and and groovy guava, very attractively put together! On my page, I've changed up the colors, added a journalling box, and used the "sweet thing" stamp set. My colors are Certainly Celery Cardstock and DP, Wild Wasabi, Barely Banana, Night of Navy Cardstock, Night of Navy Ink, the ticket corner punch a few brads, and hodgepodge hardware.
My last share is based on a swap I received last week from Lee C. (my upline). Lee created a similar card with so saffron and really rust cardstock and ink. Here I've used the "so many scallops", Polkadot background, and "stem sayings" sets along with Pretty in Pink, Whisper White, and Purely Pomegranite Cardstock; wild wasabi ribbon and ink. It's a simple card, but quite fun. You can't really tell in the picture, but I also added dazzling diamonds to the center of the scallop flowers!
Pin It!

No comments: