Saturday, February 2, 2008

Sale-A-Bration Samples!

Sale-A-Bration is Here! For a limited time, you can receive FREE stamps, and other items from Stampin' Up! with a $50.00 merchandise purchase! The stamp sets are lots of fun.. you can check them out on my stampin' up! website in the side bar.

This set is called "birthday whimsey" I couldn't resist the fun little stamps! The first card is inspired by Kelly Acheson, a demo living near Oshkosh, Wisconsin. Kelly shared a card in barely banana, basic black, and whisper white, with a single cropadile punch.. I changed it up a bit, and substituted bashful blue cardstock, two cropadile punches, and ribbon knots. You can barely see my barely banana ballons stamped on the card. I like the effect of the dazzling diamonds on this card, but Kelly's card was better.. back to the drawing table!


So.. my next attempt was to use groovy guava cardstock and ink. hmmmm.... this card is based on a design my upline and I demo'd at a joint event during sale-a-bration two years ago.. a couple changes, it's still a good design, but not quite what I was hoping for! I dropped the balloons.. and really missed them. So... back to the drawing table again!



Aha! So here is my final card.. I can live with this one, it's more my style! I've used groovy guava cardstock and changed the Balloon ink to cameo coral, it's a bit rosier thant the groovy guava and in my mind, it makes the card a bit more 'rosy'?? I've shortened the top right edge of the cardstock, and added a decorative edge in white. A matching double stiched ribbon in groovy guava adds a little fun aspect... But, CHECK OUT THE CAKE!!! I added our new Stampin' Glitter in BLUE! This cake REALLY stands out in person.. Almost good enough to eat! OK, I'm really starting to like this set!







Pin It!

No comments: