Monday, February 11, 2008

Merci .. a fun Sale A Bration Set!

I just love my new sale a bration "MERCI" stamp set!! It is so much fun to color with watercolor crayons or markers. Noo matter what color combo I try. . it always turns out well!
Playing around with the pre-cut stamp set, my first notion was to use buckaroo blue, creamy caramel, and Naturals Vanilla cardstock. I ended up ditching the caramel cardstock and used creamy caramel classic ink instead.. the en francais background script adds a defining touch to the card... but when I finished, I was momentarily stumped for ribbon before reaching for my Stampin' Up! Theatre Ribbon Originals Pack!! The soft velvet ribbon added just the right touch to this card!
So.. here's my next card... This time, I went for the fresh and bright color combination of Ballet Blue, Barely Banana, and Whisper White. The background was stamped in barely banana with the small daisy floral image from the set itself. A white gel pen dotted the daisy centers, and perfectly matching barely banana eyelets were just what I needed.
I can't really decide which one is my favorite.. but if I absolutely HAD to pick a favorite, it MIGHT be this one.. soft sky, lavendar lace, and whisper white, accompnied by purple rhinestones and tafetta ribbon... These colors really pop well together!
I wish this set was part of the regular catty instead of being such a limited edition! Available only thru March 17th.. there's not much time left to get yours! The set also has a very cute "bee" image.. I think I'll experiment with that today!
Pin It!

No comments: