Monday, February 4, 2008

Graduation Cards

Yesterday I mentioned that my teacher friend brought me an inkadoo stamp to create a special graduation card. The stamp was cute but unfortunately poorly mounted onto the wooden block. I had to stamp the image and then straighten the cardstock to match the stamped image!! I tried the microwave re-mount trick (put it in the microwave until the glue loosens, and reposition).. but the stamp wouldn't budge!



I made a card using her school colors, and then decided to make one using the new "Great Grads" set from Stampin' Up! During our conversations, she mentioned an interest in 'pop up' cards.. so I incorporated that technique into one of the cards as well. I think they turned out pretty neat.

The first picture is the inkadoo card. I incorporated the cuttlebug 'swirls' embossing folder because I knew the kids loved using the cuttlebug (don't we all). I attempted to make the fibers along the side of the card resemble a tassle.. ok maybe not. Coloring in a few selective images, and adding yellow glow lines to the stars made the stamp more interesting. On the inside I added a few punched stars.

The second card is the SU! card using Great Grads. The same fibers were used, but this time added to a pop-up on the inside. I also added ballons to the inside of the card to give it a more festive air.

Stamps: Great Grads, Birthday Whimsey

Cardstock: Brilliant Blue, Whisper White

Ink: Brilliant Blue

Pin It!

No comments: