Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Fun Candy Bar Gift!

I received my 'GiftMaker' magazine in the mail the other day. One of the many cute gift ideas in this month's edition was a candy bar gift card holder. I couldn't resist making one for my upcoming Holiday Stamp-A-Stack with a TWIST (11/24 and 12/8). The gift card holder in the magazine used a foil wrapped candy bar. The outer paper layer was carefully removed and used as a pattern to re-wrap the bar in holiday themed paper. FUN!

So.. First thing I had to do was find foil wrapped candy bars (they just don't make Hershey bars like they used to)! Luckily, our local Walgreens (and Walmart) carry large Cadbury Chocolate bars (Ghirardelli and other BIG bars too)... and then, of course..
the next step was to unwrap the bar and re-cover with decorative papers. I chose the Stampin' Up! Holiday Papers because the river rock, real red, certainly celery, and old olive are just so much fun together!
Stamps used: Punch Pals, Big on Christmas. Punches: Word Window, Slit Punch. Also used: Real Red 1/4" Grosgrain ribbon, Real Red, River Rock, and Very Vanilla Cardstock.
Wouldn't you like to receive a gift card cleverly wrapping a large chocolate candy bar? It certainly was fun to make, hope you enjoy making it at my workshop on Saturday too!
Pin It!

No comments: