Monday, October 8, 2007

Techniques Tuesday is Tomorrow!

The second Tuesday of each month is Techniques Tuesday.. and I've been working diligently on techniques for my class! During this month's class, we are doing a watercolor wash technique with embossed images, utilizing the Winds Of Grace stamp set. I've been playing with this set for a while now.. and come up with several different ideas.. but this technique is probably my favorite combination with this set. In case you're unfamiliar with the set, it features a gracefully gliding sailboat, and a distant lighthouse.


I originally purchased the set because my sister loves and collects lighthouses. I thought it would be perfect for personal cards and greetings which I will make for her. The set is also great for a masculine card.. so that's a bonus! It was fun using reinkers and an aquabrush to get the perfect sky and water colors for this card!


This second card uses the new basic grey cardstock
along with coordinating tafetta ribbon. The double sided designer paper in basic grey made this card both fun and fast! With two pockets (see the extra card with a round tab punch in the back?).. it's perfect for a giftcard holder too! That cute little flower on the front is made using the scallop and looks like spring punches, a (retired SU!) large eyelet, and an ice brad. Can't wait to share the technique in my class!
Pin It!

No comments: