Monday, September 3, 2007

My baby has a new car.. fun holiday boxes too!

My daughter bought her very own shiny brand new car this past week.. a weary event for me, since Dad was busy working, working, and working all week.. I got to be the designated co-shopper. I wish I could say she saved and saved her money and paid cash (she did that for her first car when she was 16).. but this comes with a car payment, and lacks some of the wishlist items.. but reality was that she realized she couldn't afford ALL the bells and whistles (reality stinks!). Of couse she was hoping to win the MegaMillions Lottery this week, and get all those options installed.. but like the rest of us, no such luck!

We're trusting the 2007 Honda Civic will last well thru college and prospective Law School, when she hopes to purchase her true 'dream car'! Of couse, she is thrilled, as parents we're thrilled with the safety ratings, and proud that she was able to finance it all on her own! You Go Girl!

This is one of the cards I made last week.. and the photo doesn't really do it justice.. I used chocolate chip, close to cocoa, and very vanilla card stock along with card stock vellum and Brocade Basics and close to cocoa ink to stamp on the vellum as well as the cocoa border. The greeting was stamped with chocolate chip ink..

Although you can't really tell, there is a background piece of chocolate chip on which the border and fold over are mounted. Not my favorite card, kind of a guy card I guess.. I do like the border I created along the left edge of the card though.. and it inspired another card I made last week, which I'll post at a later date. It was done with the new corner rounder (guard removed) and the cuttlebug (punch). The 1 3/8" and 1 1/4" square punches were used to make the window (the medallion is actually on the inside of the card. Maybe I'll try using leaves next time.. with vellum, that might be interesting.. hmm..

This little box was designed to hold a small gift, soaps, or bath salts. Although it is a variation of a 2-4-6-8 box, the measurements are NOT 2-4-6-8 but instead 1 1/2, 4, 5 1/2, 8 box, scored 7/8" along the bottom edge, and 1 1/2" at the top edge. I used the tag corner punch to cut the corners of the box, and placed eyelets in the top wider flaps. Simple gold cording pulls the 'carton' together securely too.

The"Sweet Sampler" set works very well with this set.. I used it for the background of the box, as well as the message panel. This stamp set also comes with a pretty oval "sweets" message which would look terrific on the front of the box (probably not a good idea for soaps or bath salts, right?).

Cardstock: Very Vanilla, River Rock
Ink: River Rock
Accessories: Red Liner Tape, eyelets, gold cording, ticket corner punch, and tag corner punch.

Quick and simple.. last photo is a side view.

In answer to all the emails I continue to receive about my holiday osw class: the precut class with instructions is available via priority mail. If you just CAN'T wait for me to post MID-SEPTEMBER as promised... (when my teaching engagements are complete), please email me for cost, etc.
at: sharonfieldstar@gmail.com
Posted by Picasa
Pin It!

No comments: