Monday, September 3, 2007

Illiuminations and the Hologram Technique

I sooo miss my picture softare! It died along with my
hard drive so I'm now experimenting with picassa2 by Google. Although, I'm adapting.. it just doesn't seem to have all the bells and whistles of my prior software, which I'm sure would render this photo much more accurately than I seem to be able to convey with Picassa.

I previously posted a card with brocade basics which I mentioned inspired another card. Well, here it is! The card uses the delightfully delicate scrolling set "Illuminations" accompanied by the hologram technique, and the photo does not do the technique justice!! This card gets a LOT off 'oohs.. and aaahhs" in person, as it just sparkles and softly glows.

Cardstock: Brushed Gold, Very Vanilla, CS Velum
Ink: Encore Gold
Accessories: Cuttlebug and snowflake template, photo corner punch, cropadile, corner rounder punch, hologram highlights, and heat 'n stick powder.

Here's another rendition of my milk carton box.. perhaps this one WILL hold candy (not soap as in the prior post). This box features the Booglie Eyes stamp set. I didn't color in the images because it was done very quickly as a teaching tool for a customer.
Let your imagination stroll to some stripes of orange and green on the ghost's shirt/socks/shoes, and perhaps some dazzling diamonds when I get around to finishing it.. a couple google eyes to the "BOO" might be fun too.

Cardstock: Lavender Lace, Only Orange, Basic Black, Whisper White
Accessories: Large eyelets, grosgrain ribbon, ticket corner punch, large and small tag punches, scallop punch, cropadile tool

The last photo is something I've been mulling around in my head.. we make so many pretty little boxes from our
colorful cardstocks all the time. But why not try velum cardstock as an option. Although these boxes are geared towards holiday favors, wouldn't they make terrific wedding or bridal favors? The Stampin' Up! cardstock vellum is quite sturdy.. more so than most vellums you encounter in the hobby stores, it takes a crease well whether scoring or dry embossing. Give it a try!

Coming Soon: Origami Bag OSW
Posted by Picasa
Pin It!

No comments: