Friday, August 3, 2007

More.. boxes, bags, tags

I am going to share a couple more projects which we'll be doing at my Saturday workshop. But first, I want to show you the inspiration for one of my projects.. I can't recall where I saw it on the net.. but I found this cute little bag someone created.. I wish I knew where I found it because I certainly would like to give her credit!

Whomever.. created the bag shown in the picture to the right.. this adorable little snowman had green earmuffs, a black headband, and a large carrot nose.. there were no directions posted, ie measurements, etc.. but it was very cute.. and my inspiration piece.. Since I really enjoy "recreating the wheel".. I set out to redesign this cute little bag.. My snowgirl, shown next..
has a pink headband, fluttery and flirty eyelashes, snowblossom ear muffs with a crystal ice brad, and a petite baby carrot nose.. of course, she needed just a bit more frill and fluff.. so I also added a cute little curves to the top of the bag with my small corner rounder punch (guard removed). This box is very simple and quick to construct, and uses many of the wonderful Stampin' Up! punches. I'm going to add some pink chalk 'blush' to her cheeks today.. and then she'll be complete!

I think the bag is perfect for classroom gifting, or seasonal gifting.. A friend commented that the bag was a bit too gender specific, and that there are no snowpeople in Florida. There may be no snowpeople.. but I think just about everyone knows what one is! It would be very easy to make the bag over as a boy bag.. as my inspiration author did.. I think that I would use brilliant or bashful blue for the strap/handle and muffs. I would still put the snowblossom on the muffs and perhaps change the brad to a color matching the blossom or the muff. I think I'd also go back to a larger nose as in the inspiration piece... and I'd probably leave off the eyelashes.

Another item we'll be creating at the workshop is a little delmonte fruit can filled with halloween treats.. It really does NOT photograph well, and is much cuter in person! Opening the can on the bottom allows us to re-seal it with crystal effects. We will put the treats inside a small ziploc to protect them from any crystal effects overflow.. when gifted, the recipient only needs to open the can with the pop top! These cans are a great way to gift handmade jewelry too.. they also come in a taller size.. which would be great for snowman soup!

We will stamp/create a scene along the Gable Green Strip using the Home is Where the Haunt is set and the stamp-on, stamp-off method. The tag is made with the large tag punch. The cardstock is folded first and then punched with the folded edge inside the punch window.. so it is not actually cut along one edge.

Another item we'll be creating was inspired by a post on Cambria Turnbow's blog (http://cambriaturnbow.blogspot.com/) , her "spooked treat bag", and a butterfly cone pattern from the Stampin' Up! Demonstrator website.. I searched three different stores here in Jacksonville, Fl.. and could NOT find flat lollipops.. so..... instead I used flavored coffee stir sticks.. you know the kind that have mint or fruity flavors on the inside.. and chocolate on the outside. I had to change the SU! pattern because it was too large to hold the coffee sticks AND scallop punch toppers (downsized it a bit). In the workshop, we will be adding color to the "booglie eyes" stamped characters with Watercolor Wonder Crayons and/or markers. The new double sided designer Pumpkin Pie paper used for the cone was perfect for this project too. I love purple and orange together for halloween!

Well that's three more of the projects we'll be making.. six in all.. see you on Saturday!


Pin It!

No comments: