Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Great Creative Link to check out!

I am such a great fan of Judi Watanabee! She is the owner of Judikins.. Yes, I am a Stampin' Up! Demonstrator, but I have been using her "colordusters" for years.. along with many of her other featured products. Honestly, I have more colordusters than I'm truly willing to admit! Judi has a webisode this week on creating a "santa card", which is the direct inspiration for my card. I've changed it up a bit, using my cuttlebug machine to emboss the snowflake images on the Real Red and Whisper White Cardstock.. and I've also permanently affixed the belt to the buckle, so that the belt and buckle slide off the card in one swift move. Judi's tutorial may be viewed at: http://www.crafttvweekly.com/ for dimensions and additional product information.

In my sample, I've utilized the Stampin' Up! sets "Glorious Garlands" and "Many Merry Messages", along with "Merry and Bright" from the Holiday Collection 2007 (limited edition collectible which will be available ONLY from a Stampin' Up! Demonstrator Sept. 01, 2007-Nov.30, 2007).

I used the hologram technique to emboss the wreath "belt buckle", employing Encore Silver Ink, Heat 'n Stick Powder, and Hologram Highlights Embossing Powder. The center band (aka buckle) is 5/8" wide.. and would be a perfect compliment to the new 5/8" grosgrain ribbon in Basic Black.

The cute little reindeer was colored using an aquapainter and watercolor wonder crayons.. then his little red nose was painted with a red marker. The SU! ticket corner punch is a perfect plus on the corners of the interior message panel.. what a great, and fun card, and so simple too!
Pin It!

No comments: