Saturday, August 25, 2007

Finding Calm in the Midst of the Storm!

Oh, today was just a horrible rainy yuck day! It rained all morning, and much of the afternoon, and although the weatherman promised clearing in the afternoon... it IS about to rain again!

Today was crazy.. so crazy that I had to find calm in the midst of the storm.. the one from mother nature, and the other one caused by Moving into Dorm Day. My husband keeps asking "How can one college student NEED so much stuff?" Being that the full-time college student is female, and also employed in a full-time professional position.. I'm sure many of you certainly understand! Two jobs (school/work) and two wardrobes (really, three if you count the social stuff). We helped her move in the morning, and I had a camp scheduled for most of the afternoon.. Enough about all that craziness!



So.. I made cards! These three were relatively quick to make, once I pulled past the creative blocks!




This first card uses a cuttlebug embossing die in all four corners, along with the lovely stemmed flowers from Abundant Joy. Accompanied by VV, Mellow Moss, and textured Almost Amethyst CS, it was a simple quick card to make. I really do like the new tafetta ribbon too.. it is adds a very soft touch to the card.




This next one uses Going Gray, Real Red, and WW CS along with the new large eyelets and 5/8" grosgrain ribbon. The stamp set used was Seeing Spots. It matches the cuttlebug embossing plate almost perfectly, don't you think?





Brocade Basics embossed on Pretty in in Pink cardstock, and attached to a WW card.. this was my daughter's favorite today (and I thought she'd like the red one!). The new photo corner punch was used to punch a piece of WW CS which I embossed with WW embossing powder.. just adds a little "something".





Enjoy!
Pin It!

No comments: