Friday, July 13, 2007

Sorry for not posting much this week..

but we have been so busy working on an upcoming craft fair.. I'll be so glad when it's over! Maybe I'll even put my home back in order. Had a visit from my neighbor yesterday and I think the mess shocked her (she's NOT a crafter.. and her 'messy home' is just perfect). Anyway.. I'll have to invite her back when it's clean again!



Here are some gift tins made by my DD for the show.. the first two are halloween themed...

This uses double sided designer paper which was available last fall and the current SU set Booglie Eyes.. some only orange, old olive, and basic black cardstock, White Detail embossing powder, notched corner punch, and orange and black 1/4" grosgrain ribbon.

The gift card tins can be found at your local hobby store.. some have decor on the top, other's don't.

The next two were also made by the DD! The pre-painted lid was perfect for the "cute as a bug" set from SU!.. kind of looked like a picnic tablecloth! Add a little real red and whisper white cardstock, embossing powders, red grosgrain and white organdy ribbon.. generic scallop scissors were used too.. but more importantly.. the hidden surprise..

Did you notice the NEW SU! Scallop Circle punch??? Perfect little hill for those pesky picnic ants! The cards inside of the tins actually came with them.. but it's kind of fun to add that touch of color too!

She embossed the bugs with the wonderful SU! embossing stacks (no longer available.. sigh!)


And lastly, here are a couple dry erase boards which I made.. The first one uses 'best of cluck' (again, retired.. ).
I've read tons of threads about people using stazon on glossy tile.. but darned if I could make it work! These tiles were done using glass paint (permenamel).. stamped the image in the glass paint.. and then used a small paintbrush to add color. In some cases, I used permenamel
markers. After curing in the oven,
these tiles are truly permanent.. and even windex won't take away the image!
The second tile is also a retired hostess set from last years' catalog.
It was done in the same manner.. permenamel ink, SU stamps.. So now out with the old and in with..
The NEW!!! MY BIG box of NEW SU supplies yesterday.. and I've just begun to play with them! I am hoping to spend time with them all next week (after maybe just a little housecleaning.. ) and will have lots to share! I love the new 5-petal flower punch, the scalloped circle punch.. the new designer papers.. OH.. so much to share!





Pin It!

No comments: