Monday, July 2, 2007

Really Quick and Cased Cards

I am a Stampin' Up! Demonstrator.. it's a wonderful and fun occupation. Stampin' Up! provides so many wonderful resources including ideas and samples to Demonstrators, including workshop planners, templates, and a gallery by stamp set.


Which brings me to these two very quick cards! I received a phone call late last week asking me to do a workshop for a group of teens at a middle school summer program. Not having much time to myself (new catty, home construction).. and being confined to stamp sets which the program already 'owns'.. I chose to CASE. Although these are not EXACT replicas, they are quite similar ones found in the Stampin' Up! Demonstrator Garllery. And although I generally prefer to reinvent the wheel.. circumstances prevailed, and both of these cards are CASE Cards(Copy and Share Everything).


The first card utilizes last years' catalog Ronald McDonald Set "Wishing You the Best" for those unfamiliar with Stampin' Up! RMcD sets, a portion of the proceeds have always been dedicated to the Ronald McDonald House!! Such a wonderful cause! Back to the card.. also used are the Sincere Salutations set, Basic Black, Marigold Morning, and Whisper White Cardstock, Classic Black Ink, Gold Cording, and a white gel pen. It's a very quick card, I hope the girls like it!



The second card I will be making with the girls uses the Nice 'n Easy Notes set. When Stampin' Up! announced they were retiring this set, I was shocked.. I've used this very versatile set for so many occasions and stampin' sessions! Both children and adults enjoy coloring all 8 cute images! I was perplexed.. What Now??? But then, the new catalog came out and we now have "fun and fast notes" with even better images!!! Of course, that set is on my first order too!

Back to the card.. this card uses the simply said background stamp from last winters' mini, Nice n' Easy Notes, Pink Passion, Green Galore, and Whisper White Cardstock; Pink Passion ink, pink and green grosgrain ribbon, and a gable green marker. In the session, the girls will actually use the adoring hearts wheel (mine had gone incognito when I made this card so I made a quick substitution). Pretty quick and easy card for the girls to make! Don't you think?
Pin It!

1 comment:

Glorybound said...

I'm a new demo and trying to get card sizes down. Can you tell me the dim on your card. the one with nice and easy notes?
thanks