Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Christmas In July

I have been preparing for a craft show this week.. lots of work, lots of guessing! Since I haven't done many in the past, this is quite an adventure... and right on top of a vacation/reunion!

So.. hoping these photos translate.. but some of the items I've been working on are ornaments using acetate in a clear glass base. The acetate is cut into a circle with a diameter of 2 1/2" with a 1/4" x 1 1/2" tab extension. It is then embossed with white detail embossing powder (SU! of course..) using versamark and a heat gun. It is then rolled very thin/tiny and slipped into the ornament. Snow and dazzling diamonds are also added to give additional 'sparkle' to the ornament!

The box design uses one sheet of
8 1/2" x 11" cardstock.. and I will emboss the ornament image on CS for the outside.. but they aren't complete yet! I am awaiting my new catty order with the new scallopped punch!! The image will appear on the outside of the box as decor in addition to the ribbon and shrink plastic snowflake tag. The images in the ornaments are snowflakes, angels, and polar bears.. the angels and polar bears are retired SU! sets which I have had for a while. ie.retired.
I used the slit punch on either side of the box and threaded the ribbon thru and over the top to close the box.. with a healthy floppy bow on top. Hopefully when they are completely done, they will be much more attractive than the box appears right now!

Pin It!

No comments: