Sunday, July 15, 2007

BUNCO Buckets!!


These are the Bunco Buckets which I did for the craft show! I think they are quite fun! The first one uses the new SU! Cerise papers. It's a really stunning double sided paper in a ruby red and very vanilla color which is very, very close to real red. I actually used real red 1/4" grosgrain on the bucket (and the retired ivory grosgrain) along with real red cardstock.

The buckets are clear acrylic from stampendous, and the flower on the front of the buckt uses the new SU! 5 petal flower punch. I just love the polkadots.. wouldn't they make nice Minnie Mouse scrapbook pages for a Disney trip.. or halloween costume?? The flower center, although not photographed well (got to do SOMETHING about the lighting in my house).. is the new crystal ice brad from SU! In person, it adds a little 'something.

Looking down at the top of the bucket.. 4 punches, cerise (reversible) paper, and baroque paper to create the flower. The large oval punch forms the leaves and lower level of the flower, the small oval for the red polkadotted petal layers , the 5 petal flower punch and last.. the new 1" circle punch top the entire bucket. Curling the petals with your fingernail creates more dimension.. and I also creased them slightly at the tips in order to make them more dimensional. The petals were applied in layers with mini glue dots..

Which brings me to something else I discovered about the new SU! 5 petal punch... It is a FABULOUS way to create a flower base which helps in the placement of your flower petals! When I create a flower, I normally begin with an odd number of petals (a tip from an 80 something former florist/family friend), and build!


Of course, every bunco bucket needs contents.. these are the mini composition books and tally pad I included in the buckets. I used the three for you punch set to add the small flowers to the long note pad, and the new polkadot background to stamp the polkadot backgrounds onto the mini composition books.. aren't they FUN!

Of course, the bucket also had mini mechanical pencils, a bell with pretty ribbons, dice and rules. Fun, fun fun!

Two more bunco buckets I did for the show.. the first uses the new designer paper packs.. love this soft turquoise paper! I think this bucket would also do well for a bridal shower gift! (perhaps not a bunco theme.. )
The accompanying paper and supplies used were: Whisper White, three for you punch set (mini flowers and mini polkadot background), the new polkadot background stamp, white organdy and 1/4" grosgrain ribbon.



Again, I need to apologize for the lighting.. guess next week I'm off to find a solution!
I did also put a flower on the top of the bucket (the small oval punches were first stamped with small polkadots from the three for you punch set.. and the larger petals were stamped with the polkadot background stamp. I love the little notepads, they are so fresh and fun!

Oh.. and the letters are the TYPESET alphabet stamped on mini-polkadot stamped background.. added some mini flowers (3-for-you).. and I have a pretty bucket!


I think the matching notepads were really cute too. Very fresh, with a small punched flower added to the corner. The entire set coordinates so well.

On the long notepads, I added the flat bow embellishment as shown in an earlier post.
Fun set.. lots of potential for gifting too!

And the last pictures are the third bucket.. Using baroque papers. The flower is the new 5-petal punch.. it looks great layered just by itself!



















Pin It!

No comments: