Sunday, June 10, 2007

Stampin' Sunday with New In Colors!

Well, I've had quite a lot of fun this afternoon.. more quick cards with the new stamp sets and In Colors! I made a couple of accidental discoveries too..

The first card I set out to make was a dimensional flower card.
cardstock: whisper white, soft sky, and chocolate chip.
Inks: chocolate chip, and soft sky
Punches: Small Oval, and Three for You
Stamps: Three For You
Ribbon: White Grosgrain
Also used: Fiskars decorative scissors
I think it turned out kind of cute!
The next card I made was something I had been playing with for a couple days.. having decided that the new Pick a Petal stamp set needed desperately to be embossed on Groovy Guava.. I was initially having trouble aligning an entire flower image on a standard A4 card.. Not wanting to make a strange sized card.. I decided to make a partial flower instead.. one that is peeking over the edge of the card.
This card uses the following supplies:
Cardstock: Whisper White, Wild Wasabi, and Groovy Guava
Ink: Groovy Guava, Versamark
White Embossing Powder
Stamps: Pick a Petal, Baroque Motifs (of course.. ) and Hugs & Wishes.
I think the finished result is quite stunning, and will probably send this card to my sister whose birthday is on June 16th!

Still stuck on Groovy Guava.. and Baroque Motifs, the next card is quite similar to the last.. Yet simpler less layers.

This card is using Soft Sky cardstock with Groovy Guava... I think they are very stunning as a color combination! I changed up the petals a bit.. and of course, called on my fav Baroque motifs.. the word cherish is also from the baroque motifs stamp set, so on this card only two cardstocks and two stamp sets were used.. pretty quick, pretty easy!
My first attempt to use pick a petal was with
the pretty polka dot petal... I really wanted to uses it on groovy guava.. but ended up making quite a mess.. Today, I began to play with the polkadot petal again, and suddenly realized that two of these petals overlaid become a really cool heart! This is another simple card.. I cut out the intersecting petals after they were embossed on groovy guava cardstock.. used a few dimensional dots to give them a bit more interest.. and added an embossed "from the heart" which is from the new Holidays & Wishes stamp set. A nice little flat bow added just that extra touch for this very simple and sweet card.

So.. while playing with Wild Wasabi cardstock, I suddenly realized that my very favorite Baroque Motifs stamp looked very much like a vine.. and then made another very neat discovery. The tiny flower from baroque motifs can be punched out with the daisy from "spring bouquet flower" punch.. It kind of looks like a tiny wildflower growing on a vine.
I added the layerd oval punch, the word kind in groovy guava ink and a nice ribbon to the whisper white and wild wasabi card. Isn't this a fun yet simple card? I think this is one of my fav's today!
This last card was from a card sketch challenge.. the background is done with blue bayou and is cut to the standard 4 1/4 "x 5 1/2". The next single layer of whisper white was just 1/4" smaller.. then I added a small 2" strip of Soft Sky on the left side. Using the new rolodex punch.. forgot the name of it (oops!).. the next piece is adhered to the soft sky strip only on the edge. Faux stitching was done with the mat pack and white signo pen, and the small rectangular cardstock in Blue Bayou was scored at 1/2" from the edge so that it opens easily. The ribbon was added as a closure for this little flap. The vase was stamped wiht blue bayou and then colored with a wet sponge dauber and soft sky ink (barely noticeable in the picture).
The flowers were punched using the three for you stamp set, from white and soft sky cardstock.. and the yellow center dots were added with my yo yo yellow stampin' write marker. Dimensional dots raise the vase and some of the flowers.
The vase/flowers are from a new hostess (aka FREE) set which will become available on July 2nd.. Don't you just want to book a party today!
Pin It!

3 comments:

Dee said...

These cards are adorable!!I love the colors and I really like how you stamped the flower in White, very fresh and cool:)
Dee

Paula said...

Oh, I like all the cards here, but my fave has to be the second one. How creative of you to use the punches.

JoAnn said...

I love the idea of using the Spring Bouquet punch with the flowers from Baroque Motifs. I'll have to try that!