Friday, June 8, 2007

Self Closure Bag/Box and CD Pin


It has been SUCH a busy week! Our carpenter friend came with part of the new dining room hutch.. yup.. PART of it. Now he's got to have surgery so.. cabinet base is built/installed.. no countertop, no top cabinets, and most of all no doors! The cats have a new giant jungle gym! Luckily they are declawed.. but I have all the stuff that is supposed to be in that cabinet scattered throughout my stampin' room in boxes!! Oh well.. hope his surgery goes well and then, he promises.. 4-6 weeks later he'll make my doors and begin working on the upper cabinets! It's a lovely, empty cabinet anyway!

Our friend, the plumber hasn't quite made it to the house yet either.. which means the master bath is still gutted to the studs! All the fixtures and cabinets stored in the garage.. which means my car sits out in the bright Florida sunshine all day long. I guess when you rely tradesmen who just happen to be self employed friends, this is the way it goes.. sure would like to put my home back together though.. someday, somehow, somewhere.. waah, waah, waah.. on to more productive things!!

Yesterday I received a nice big box from the UPS guy yesterday! New Stamps!!! New In Colors.. so very cool! I promptly cut out each and every one of the stamps and began stamping the day away. My fingers and hands ache.. but I've had such fun! I've gotten stuck on Baroque Motifs.. such a really cool set! It's gotten a heavy duty work out!

So, with the Baroque Motifs stamp set, I've made polyshrink beads, designed a template for a new bag/box, and made a few CD pins... still working on the pins.. not quite satisfied with them.. and am probably going to add something to the bag too.. a medallion from the set.. perhaps embossed, cut out as an embellishment to the bag. But that's for tomorrow. Today.. I'm going to share my little box/bag.. or whatever it is!

Inspired by a template I found at Target.. which by the way wasted waaaay too much paper.. I redesigned and tweaked it a bit so that my little bag/box uses 1/2 sheet of 8 1/2" x 11" cardstock. I chose to stamp on river rock cardstock (new color) with river rock ink. using (you guessed) Baroque Motifs!

So.. on your 81/2 x 5 1/2" cardstock... Stamp It Up.. then
Score parallel to the 8 1/2" side at 1", 3-3/4", and 4"
Parallel to the 5 1/2" side, score top to bottom at 1/2", 3 1/2", 4 1/2", and 7 1/2". Then score ONLY as far as the 1" scored line at 4" and 8"

Here is a template.. Orange lines are scored,
Blue are Cutting Lines, and Rose are measurements.













Two small inverted orange (scored) V's were created with the corner of a piece of cardstock, and my cutterbee scissors as shown in the photo below. The Blue V's were simply cut with scissors to allow the box to close nicely without twisting/torquing.











Fold mountain/valley along the sets of scored lines (edges of box) and gently pinch the top edges as you fold the bottom together.. the inverted scored "v" will fold inward by itself. About four inches for red liner tape on the end flap and one of the bottom flaps.. Fold the top over and tuck the flaps into the valleys along the sides of the box, which holds it nicely shut.. no velcro, no extras, etc..
Here is a bit of a sideways view.. and another with the accompanying CD Pin.. I've got to work on that pin.. it's just needs something.. maybe a little fiber, a few beads.. Yup.. needs more work.. And like I said, I think I'll add an embossed medallion to the bag too.. But the end result is still kind of fun, and quite quick too!














Pin It!

No comments: