Thursday, June 14, 2007

Random Cards..

These are two random cards I made last week when stampin' with a friend. She had seen similar cards somewhere and was hoping to make similar cards. The first card (two penguins).. is made entirely from punches. Althought the color doesn't show so well, the CS is bashful blue, whisper white, so saffron, and basic black. Stamps: Happy for You,
Punches: Large and Small Oval, 3/4" circle, 1/4" circle, and Spring Flowers (for the nose and toes). Additional supplies used: Mono Adhesive, Glue Pen, Black Stampin' Write Marker, Black Classic Ink, and Dazzling Diamonds. It's a fun card... and totally CASED.. if it's yours, send me a note and I'll be happy to give you credit! It was just too cute not to share with everyone!
The next card I also recreated with my friend.. another CASED card, I'm not sure who to credit for the design but must add that it didn't originate with me.. It is similar to one submitted to Stampin' Up! by Michelle Fischer (another Stampin' Up! Demonstrator).. although hers had additional layers, embossing, and embellishments.
Cardstock: Bashful Blue, Whisper White
Stamps: Beautiful Beach, Cheesecloth
Additional Supplies: Dimensional Dots, brads, versamark, and white embossing powder.
Both of these stamps are RETIRING!! I really hate to see them go.. but as of June 30th they will no longer be available! Another demonstrator I know made a beautiful card last halloween using the cheesecloth background stamp embossed on black (or was it eggplant) cardstock..and then lined up the monsters from "booglie eyes" along the front.. the card was done in eggplant, glorious green, and black.. and it was quite fun and memorable. It almost looked as though it was a spiderweb.. or that webbing stuff the kids like to stretch across the porch for a spooky feeling on Halloween. I know I'm going to miss this stamp set.. well, actually both of them.. neither has been around too long.. and as of June 30th.. will be gone forever! Waaah!
I'm sure Stampin' Up! will have something wonderful waiting in the wings on July 2nd.. can't wait for the unveiling!
Pin It!

No comments: