Wednesday, June 20, 2007

My Email Book

I meet a LOT of people during the course of a week.. I'll see someone wandering aimlessly in a store.. quite obviously puzzled and really hoping a salesperson will happen by.. but of course, as life goes.. no salesperson appears. The Girl Scout in me just HAS to help.. 'help where I'm needed'.. it's one of the golden rules. The only exception is when I'm on a mission.. looking for something.. quick in/out.. then I don't even see the people! I know, it's a flaw.. but if I ever pass you by, chances are I didn't even see you.. my apologies.

Anyway... long story short.. I do talk to strangers.. all the time, my children and husband will attest to that! Of course, after we part ways, I think of all the things I should have said.. time and time again. Yes, I tell people I'm an Independent Stampin' Up! Demonstrator.. and yes I tell them that I offer classes, and workshops.. both in my home and in theirs.. but I often stop there.. Yup, that's it.. missed opportunities. While chatting about my faux pas with my upline, she suggested that I cover a little book in pretty stamps and paper and carry it along when I run errands or shop.. and use it to collect names/email/info from people I meet so that I can add them to my mailing list.. or send them a schedule of events.. DUH! Why didn't I think of that???? Of course, you know I have to reinvent the wheel..

This book is the size of a checkbook. Utilizing Baroque Motifs Stamp Set and designer papers, Chocolate Grosgrain Ribbon, and the new blingy brads from Stampin' Up! The inside has a small pocket for my business cards, the bookmark/ribbon is shredded below the knot.. to give it a little extra touch. The outside cover has two layers of cardstock covered by designer paper.. the inside pages are cut to size notebook paper.. making the book very light and compact.

Now.. if I can just remember to get it out of my purse!! Thanks, LEE!
Pin It!

2 comments:

Lee Conrey said...

Love it!!! Awesome job....cool tool to remind yourself to get those addresses.
Great job!!!

Carolyn said...

I thought I was the only one who talked to strangers. My 16 year old daughter has a heyday with it. She's like OMG! again? everytime we come in this store you end up talking to someone. I also tell them I am a Demo, and that little notebook is great! What a great idea.