Thursday, June 21, 2007

Gift Tags!

This is a prototype I made with on-hand supplies for
a gift tag holder. It is based on the one in a book "Paper Art Workshop.. Handmade Gifts" by Jennifer Bitto, Linda Blinn, and Jenn Mason. Their gift folio is just one of so many cute projects, and I highly reccomend the book to anyone who loves paper art projects!

I had to change it up a bit.. mostly because I LOVE my CROP-A-DILE.. and just can't make myself use the old fashioned pound and frown eyelet setting tool! This is just my prototype, and I learned I have to make a few more tweaks to make it a really cool gift that I can lazily create! I think the next one will be for the holidays.. I know quite a few retired ladies who are always looking for inexpensive gifts to make for their friends.. and I think when I rework this, it may just fit the bill!

The interior holds tags along one side, tucked neatly into a sleeve. On the opposite side, stretch magic elastic is strung between pairs of eyelets to create ribbon holders. Each of the tags were cut with my handy dandy old fashioned sizzix machine, hand stamped and colored.. ready to adorn gifts. For this example, I used flowers on the tags, in keeping with the In Full Bloom paper (which coincidentally is retiring.. ) The entire packet ties with about 26" of wide organdy ribbon. Now I can hardly wait to start working on my holiday tags! Sure wish my new Stampin' Up! catalog would arrive!!!
Pin It!

3 comments:

Angel W said...

How adorable are these???

Elaine said...

This is a totally clever idea!! I have not ever seen it before and will have to use it now!! Thanks for the inspiration!!

Leah Loy said...

Sharon, I so would love the directions for these...or maybe see them offered as a class. What an awesome idea. looks simple enough to make. I need, I need!!!!