Monday, May 28, 2007

Flower Pot Card

This was something I challenged myself to do while viewing a card shared by my upline. Although I cannot recall who made the beautiful card, it had three small flowers (doodle that?) and three painted wooden flowerpots across the front of it. Not really the kind of card you would just pop into an envelope and mail, but certainly one you might hand deliver or enclose within a package. As stated, it was very pretty.



But the ole' brain wheels started turning and spinning out of control.. hmmmmm... "why can't that be done with ribbon?" And I set out to do just that. After a couple somewhat haphazzard attempts, I did just that!


Here is the card:

See the little flower pot? It's actually a couple layers of ribbon and a bit more dimensional than the picture portrays. The top edge is also folded over, and dots are added with a white signo pen (SU!). As you can see, I used those beautiful papers from Pallete O' Prints, Certainly Celery, Whisper White, and Rose Red Cardstock.





Like it? Leave a comment!
Pin It!

2 comments:

doverdi said...

I love the ribbon that you used around the flower pot. It looks so pretty and adds that extra pop to the card. The card is very pretty. Thanks for sharing this neat little idea with us.

JoAnn said...

What a creative idea to use ribbon as a pot! Too cute!